Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Purseless Wonder

I'm not a fan of the bar scene.  I love to go out, but I would rather go bowling than go to a bar.  My life is pretty much summed up by this stunningly accurate comic from Fart Party:

Why go out when I can have my own dance party at home in my scrubbies?!

But for those rare occasions that I do find myself in a dimly lit, crowded and noisy atmosphere (can we say "karaoke night"?) I can never figure out what to do with my purse.  There are essentials that every girl needs to have with her, but do you put your purse on the counter?  Hanging from the back of your chair?  What if I want to dance?  I'm not leaving it unattended while I boogie, and I feel silly performing a buzzed rendition of "You Don't Know Me" with a shoulder-bag.

A while back I was introduced to the Fancy Pack, which is pretty much a combination of the cutest belt ever and a fanny pack.  The adorable bow has a bunch of secret little zippered pockets that are the perfect size for your phone, wallet, and camera.  It comes in a variety of colors and has an adjustable belt.  It retails for $65 but it's cool enough to deserve that money.
Fancy Pack in black faux-snakeskin


Another cute fanny pack alternative is this ruffley waist purse.  It also has the adjustable strap, and a variety of ways to wear.  Who's brave enough to try the bustle look???  I love it in brown.

Slightly cheaper at $48

Rock the bustle!



Now for the pièce de résistance, aka the reason for this post, the Julian scarf.   If those last two adorable purse alternatives are still a little too close to fanny packness, never fear.  There is still an option for you and it is this scarf.  This freaking cute scarf that comes in a variety of colors and patterns.   This scarf with two large, fully lined pockets in it!


Not to mention it is the least expensive of the three, coming in at only $32.  I'll take one in every color, please!

1 comment:

  1. I tend to overheat pretty easily, so the scarf idea is great, but not for me. However, I ADORE the ruffly waist purse! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete