Friday, July 16, 2010

Getting Inspired

Since my graduation from cosmetology school a few weeks ago, I have spent an insane amount of time thinking about the kind of person I want to be.  I spend all my time on modcloth, etsy, and a few choice blogs just daydreaming.... and then it hit me that the only reason I'm not the person I want to be is because I don't put in the effort.
My dad used to say (and probably still does) that it's stupid to do the same thing and expect different results.  If I keep doing what I have always done, I will be who I have always been.  So, I am determined to change myself for the better by doing some things that I have always wanted do.

- Cook healthy meals
- Bake from scratch
- Run (this task really falls on my dear cheerleader, Robyn)
- Sew
- Play the piano again
- Learn sign language
- Keep my house ready in case of spontaneous visitors
- Wear more dresses

I'm starting a few of these now, like my healthy meals and sign language.  I am waiting until I move in a few weeks to do the rest.  I am moving back to California from Ohio and I love the symbolism of being in a "new" place to start this new chapter of my life.   I will move into my little apartment, stuff it full of my thrift store furniture, throw a little 24th birthday party and get on with my life.

While I am still in Ohio though, I thought I would whip up an Blog Inaugural Pasta Salad.  At my dad's suggestion I threw in anything I had in the kitchen that I thought would be tasty.   It ended up being pasta, Lima beans, chick peas, broccoli, Tuscan dressing and shredded Parmesan.  And it is tasty!!!


I can't wait to share it with my friends tonight.  There's just something about the cold pasta that goes so well with the disgustingly humid day.



Off topic-
I realized while I was packing today that I have entirely too much yarn for someone who no longer crochets.  I wonder if old ladies use craigslist because if they do, I think this is going to make one grandma pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment